Wednesday 6 March 2019

Love, Anna


Work is now complete on the revamp of my old novelette, Paris Actually. It has a new name, Love, Anna, and it also has a brand spanking new cover, which I adore. The story has had an update too. If you read the old version, Anna's still a romantic, she still loves musicals, and she still takes that trip to Paris, but the story now takes on another dimension: Joe, Anna's partner, suffers from depression. 

I liked Paris Actually when I released it in March 2016, and I thought that was that. It's interesting how your thoughts change years later. Re-reading the story I felt that perhaps Joe was too nice, and that there needed to be more to Anna's decision to leave.

This story started life back in 2015, when I was in raptures over having seen the stage musical Singin' in the Rain. I already knew I wanted to write a story about a young woman who has an unrealistic idea of romance, and I thought setting part of the story in Paris, and making the main character love musicals (Singin' in the Rain in particular), would be appropriate. 

I went to Paris myself in the summer of 2015, which was very timely and I wrote some of the scenes whilst I was there. People who read Paris Actually told me that they enjoyed the descriptions of Paris. I love Paris, and I was thrilled to find a postcard whilst I was there, the photograph having been taken by Elliott Erwitt. It's in black and white and shows the silhouette of a man leaping in front of the Eiffel Tower whilst holding an umbrella. There's also a couple on the background. It definitely inspired a scene in the story. Click here to see the image.

And so without further ado, I'm delighted to announce that Love, Anna is available from Amazon in eBook format now! It's free until Sunday, 10th March, so why not download it and take a look?😊

Happy reading x

New website

Happy Autumn! As I mentioned in my last post, I've been busy working on my new website for the last couple of months. I'm launching ...