Friday 10 May 2019

All About Laura

I'm delighted to announce that my latest novelette, Laura's Embrace, is now live on Amazon. I love the cover - I think it's my favourite one to-date. At the same time, this cover turned out to be the most difficult one so far. To begin with, it took me a long time to find a photograph which I liked and which fitted with the story. Then it took several revisions. I find that you have to allow time to change your mind. You reach a stage when you think that's it, but when you go back the next day it doesn't look right. It was problematic getting the title to show on account of the flowers - they dominate the picture - but the white banner sorted that particular problem out. It's the first time I've used different colours for the title, and I think it works well. I say 'I', but my husband actually created the cover. We sit together, I tell him my ideas, and he also experiments, and eventually we come up with the final design.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, "Laura" used to be called Love You and Leave You. The main character was called Jess, the story was written in diary format, and the cover depicted Big Ben and the River Thames. So I've made quite a few changes (to the blurb also), but the story remains the same:

"People who love me leave me."

Laura makes a New Year’s resolution – to find her birth mother. She needs answers. What she doesn’t need is a relationship, so when things start getting serious between her and Rob, she does her best to hold back. Only Rob won’t take ‘no’ for an answer, and Laura is torn. Will Laura find her birth mother? And will love find a way?

If anyone read Love You and Leave You I hope you'll take a look at Laura, and if the story is new to you - enjoy! It can be found here. It's currently £0.99 to download (less than the price of a cup of coffee as I always say), but if you've got Kindle Unlimited, it's free.😊 

Have a lovely weekend and happy reading!

Helen x



New website

Happy Autumn! As I mentioned in my last post, I've been busy working on my new website for the last couple of months. I'm launching ...