Friday 21 December 2018

New novelette, Christmas, and looking ahead . . .

I decided to amp up the Christmas stress this year and get two novelettes out before Christmas. There have been times when I didn't think I'd make it, but I'm proud to say I got there in the end, because hot on the heels of Ruby's Secret is my brand new novelette, Finding Ella

It's my favourite story to-date. Whilst I was proofreading it on my Kindle, I actually forgot it was my story at times, and found I was reading it as I would any other fiction book I'd bought. Surely that's a good sign? I just hope readers out there will agree.

So what is Finding Ella about? It's about a young woman who loses a decade's worth of memories, which means she forgets her husband! I wouldn't class it as a romance as such, but there is some romance in it. It's set during autumn / winter time, which is part of the reason I pushed myself to release it before Christmas.

Finding Ella will be free from 22nd to 26th December, so why not download it and take a look? It's novelette length, longer than a short story but not novel length, so you can read it in one sitting if you choose. It will probably take you an hour / hour and a half to read - an excellent way to while away part of the afternoon over the Christmas holidays, or to read in bed at night. Enjoy!

And now I plan to take a break from writing / editing until the New Year. What a year it's been. I've been fortunate enough to release a non-fiction book on bringing up my puppy, and to make that available as an ebook, paperback, as well as an audiobook. I also got a few copies into an actual bookshop, and I believe one copy has already sold! 

Then I decided to revamp the novelettes I'd already published, starting with Ruby's Secret (formerly Out of My Debt). By spring 2019 I plan to re-release what was once known as Paris Actually. 

Also by spring 2019 I aim to release the follow up to my non-fiction book. The current working title is More About Archie: The Post Puppy Years. So keep an eye out for new posts in the New Year, and for now, all that's left for me to say is I hope you have a very happy Christmas, and I'm wishing you all a healthy and happy 2019.

Helen 🎄🤶






New website

Happy Autumn! As I mentioned in my last post, I've been busy working on my new website for the last couple of months. I'm launching ...